Thank you for purchasing the GPS tracker. This manual shows how to operate the device smoothly and correctly. Make sure to read this manual carefully before using this product. Please note that specification and information are subject to changes without prior notice in this manual. Any change will be integrated with the latest release. The manufacturer assumes not to be responsible for any errors or omissions in this document.
Working Based on existing GSM/GPRS network and GPS satellites, this product can locate and monitor any remote targets by SMS or internet. The most advanced technology of GPS and A-GPS dual positioning.
2. 1 SIM-CARD INSTALLATION
Once the SIM card has been purchased and credit added, unscrew the tracker using the screwdriver to remove the 4 small screws in each corner.
Then, insert the SIM card into the SIM card holder by pushing the metal piece forward and lifting it up, Place the SIM-card into the card slot, Press the metal piece back into its original position and push the metal piece back into place.
If you have purchased a MICRO SIM, you will need to use the Micro SIM adapter enclosed, like this:
Ensure you place the SIM card with the chip face down and the right way round, clip the holder into place and re-screw up the unit.
2.2 USE THE GPS DEVICE
- Turn on the unit outdoors by pressing the “on/off” button until the indicator is on.
- For first use, please initialize the unit and restore it to the default setting. (Please refer to 3.1 for instruction.)
- In 10 or 40 seconds, the unit will begin to work and acquire the GSM signals as well as the GPS signals. The indicator will keep flashing every 3 seconds when the unit has received the signals.
- When this unit receives GPS signals normally, you can use it and do any setting as the instructions of this manual.
2.3 EXPLANATION OF PARAMETERS/CODES IN SMS MESSAGE
- Google Maps link: This is the link to the Google map showing the position of the tracker unit. When clicking the link, if a map is displayed, there is GPS information for the unit. If there is no may, there is no GPS information for the tracker.
- V:A/V: Indicates GPS signal. V:A indicates there is a GPS signal; V:V indicates there is no GPS signal.
- 2014-07-29 06:41:43 The date and time stamp when the unit last received a GPS signal.
- S: 007km/h: This indicates the last known speed of the unit.
- Bat:80% The approximate amount of battery charge remaining. The value is between 1 0%and 100%, with 100% being fully charged.
- 4109112546: The ID code of tracker device. This number is used for tracking website and the app
3. SMS TRACKING
- Call the SIM-card phone number in the device by another cell phone
- Receive a Google Maps link by SMS to your mobile phone
- Click on the Google Maps link
- Now it displays the position of the device.
3.1 Command Instruction
3.2 ONLINE TRACKING
3.2.1 COMMAND INSTRUCTION TO SET THE ACCES POINT NAME (APN)
3.2.2 START ONLINE TRACKING
Note: Must set APN at first
IMEI No.: In the back side of cover
3.2.3 APPLICATIONS FOR ANDROID/iOS
Search TKSTAR in the Apple App Store/Google Play to install the applications
Select “Login by IMEI”
IMEI No. : In the back side of cover
When the device can't get GPS signal in one minute or in sleep mode, it will reply history position (V:V); the device will send real-time tracking information until it gets GPS signal (V:A).
Make sure that all the symbol “+” smsSMS commands is just for quick understanding, which doesn't need to enter “+” in SMS, and “space” means press the space bar button of the cell phone.
When the device location show different with map, there are two kinds of circumstances,
- Device in sleep condition,
- No GPS signal;Solution: Dial SIM Card Number in the Device, if only reply one SMS with "V:V", it means no GPS Signal; If reply one SMS, with "V:A", it means device in sleep model; (Note: We advise use Shock Sleep Model when driving)