Thank you for purchasing the GPS tracker. This manual shows how to operate the device smoothly and correctly. Make sure to read this manual carefully before using this product. Please note that specification and information are subject to changes without prior notice in this manual. Any change will be integrated with the latest release. The manufacturer assumes not to be responsible for any errors or omissions in this document.
Working Based on existing GSM/GPRS network and GPS satellites, this product can locate and monitor any remote targets by SMS or internet. The most advanced technology of GPS and GSM dual positioning.
||70mm x 37mm x 20mm(2.7”*1.4”*0.78”)
|Time To First Fix
||Cold status 45s
Warm status 35s
Hot status 1s
||12— 24V input
||Chargeable changeable 3.7V 1000mAh Li-ion battery
||-40°C to +85°C
||-20°C to +60°C
|LED INDICATOR STATUS
||Device fault or dormant.
||No GPRS signal.
||GPRS communication established.
||No power to the unit or the unit can’t start.
||Searching for GPS signal.
||GPS location successful.
2.1 SIM-CARD INSTALLATION
Open the rubber cover on the side of the device, insert the sim card into sim card slot, if you have purchased a MICRO SIM, you will need to use the Micro SIM adapter enclosed, like this:
Pet collar should penetrate the device like the photo below:
2.2 USE THE GPS DEVICE
- Turn on the unit outdoors by pressing the “on/off” button until the indicator is on.
- For first use, please initialize the unit and restore it to the default setting. (Please refer to 3.1 for instruction.)
- In 10 or 40 seconds, the unit will begin to work and acquire the GSM signals as well as the GPS signals. The indicator will keep flashing every 3 seconds when the unit has received the signals.
- When this unit receives GPS signals normally, you can use it and do any setting as the instructions of this manual.
2.3 EXPLANATION OF PARAMETERS/CODES IN SMS MESSAGE
- Google Maps link: This is the link to the Google map showing the position of the tracker unit. When clicking the link, if a map is displayed, there is GPS information for the unit. If there is no may, there is no GPS information for the tracker.
- V:A/V: Indicates GPS signal. V:A indicates there is a GPS signal; V:V indicates there is no GPS signal.
- 2014-07-29 06:41:43 The date and time stamp when the unit last received a GPS signal.
- S: 007km/h: This indicates the last known speed of the unit.
- Bat:80% The approximate amount of battery charge remaining. The value is between 5% and 100%, with 100% being fully charged.
- 4109112546: The IMEI code of tracker device. This number is used for tracking website and the app.
3. SMS TRACKING
- Call the SIM-card phone number in the device by another cell phone
- Receive a Google Maps link by SMS to your mobile phone
- Click on the Google Maps link
- Now it displays the position of the device.
3.1 Command Instruction
|Reboot the device
|Set authorized number
|Cancel authorized number
|Set GMT time zone number
|Sleep by time (default mode-save much power,
the tracker will fall asleep in 5 minutes)
||sleep time ok
|Sleep by shock sensor(Suits for tracking on platform)
||Sleep shock ok
|No sleep (tracker will continuously work)
||sleep off ok
|Switch to the NO GPRS mode (default mode)
|Switch to the GPRS mode(for tracking online )
|Format the device（must send by authorised number）
3.2 ONLINE TRACKING
3.2.1 COMMAND INSTRUCTION TO SET THE ACCES POINT NAME (APN)
|Switch to the GPRS mode
||Turn on GPRS
||Set new APN (old one will be replaced)
||Set APN username
||Set APN password
|Set Upload the frequency
||Default 120 seconds
3.2.2 START ONLINE TRACKING
Note: Must turn on GPRS function (send command “gprs123456 to the device ) and set the APN first
IMEI No.: In the back side of cover
3.2.3 APPLICATIONS FOR ANDROID/iOS
Search TKSTAR in the Apple App Store/Google Play Store to install the applications.
Select “Log in by IMEI”
IMEI: In the back side of cover
When the device can't get GPS signal in one minute or in sleep mode, it will reply history position (V:V ); the device will send real-time tracking information until it gets GPS signal (V:A).
Make sure that all the symbol “+” in SMS commands is just for quick understanding, which doesn't need to enter “+” in SMS, and “space” means press the space bar button of the cell phone.
When the device location show different with map, there are two kinds of circumstances,
1) Device in sleep condition, 2) No GPS signal;
Solution: Dial SIM Card Number in the Device, if only reply one SMS with "V:V", it means no GPS Signal; If reply one SMS, with "V:A", it means device in sleep model;
(Note: We advise use Shock Sleep Model when driving)